From:
Sharon Brucato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:32:57 -0800

Should a child with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis receive the
new chicken pox vaccine?

My concern is the severe itching which often accompanies chicken pox may be
too much for a child already suffering from itchy DH skin.  Also, my son
gets diarrhea from dairy products, and I understand the vaccine is based in
egg.

How can I discover if there is an alternative base for the vaccine?

Lastly, is CD considered an autoimmune disease?  Those who are autoimmune,
plus the young and the elderly, are recommended to receive the shot.

I'll summarize all replies.  Many thanks for your guidance!

Sharon Brucato for son Tommy
California