From:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:18:47 GMT

>I was under the impression that spelt was no ok for ciliacs to eat.
>However, my mother has a good friend who is also one of us and she sent a
>wrapper for spelt Bread from Berlin Natural Bakery.

I have to jump in to avoid any confusion.  Spelt is wheat.  Therefore,
it is not an appropiate item for the GF diet.  The choice to include
any appropiate or inappropiate items in the GF diet is always a personal
choice.

In years past there was some confusion regarding the use of spelt in the
GF diet due to a misleading advertisement program from the maker of spelt.

----
Michael Jones, Orlando, FL USA
The Celiax WWW is at: http://rdz.stjohns.edu/lists/celiac/index.html