From:
EmmaJane Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EmmaJane Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:05:41 -0500

Thought I would pass on a new item in the holiday catalog of Williams-Sonoma (www.williams-sonoma.com)  It is a flourless chocolate torte made by Eli's Cheesecakes in Chicago exclusively and solely for Williams-Sonoma.  If you call Eli's they have no information regarding it or its ingredients.  I called Williams-Sonoma before I ordered it as it is pricey but looks so decadently delicious.  It indeed does not contain any flour.  The ingredients listed are eggs, butter, sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa, vanilla and lecithin.  I ordered one and it arrived today.  I checked the list of ingredients again and everything appears to be gluten free as the ingredients are all natural products.  It arrives from the manufacturer packed in dry ice.  It will keep frozen for three months.  It serves 11 to 14 people.  Be aware that it is made in a facility that does produce other products made with gluten containing grains.  Also, make note that I wrote it is pricey - $53.00 which includes the delivery charge by FedEx.

I have no financial interest in Williams-Sonoma or Eli's Cheesecakes.  I simply wanted to pass the information regarding this torte on to the list.  Everyone should make their own determination if this is something they would like to try and its appropriateness to their gluten free diet.  I make no claims as to its gluten free status.

EmmaJane Adams
Danville, PA