Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 09:40:02 -0700

I've already recieved so many responses and I really appreciate everyone
taking the time to write.

Its become pretty obvious that many of you are dealing with complicated
food issues other than gluten. From what I've read, many are dealing
pretty successfully. Thats encouraging.

I think, however, that I should clarify my situation a bit - My
allergies surfaced about seven or eight years ago and in the past I've
delt very successfully. I operated a small catering company for a number
of years so cooking comes pretty easy.

I also have a complicated digestive disorder - dubbed a neuro-muscular
disorder. I took Propulsid for a number of years but it was pulled from
the market. So, at this point, my problems stem from unacceptance of
this gluten intollerance, lack of the only available medication that
facilitated ease of digestion AND, due to recurrent illness, moving into
a house with 4 to 6 normal eaters. I'm outnumbered and surrounded by
poison!!

So, please, keep writing, just know that you can avoid the basic dietary
instructions. I appreciate it, but would rather hear how you are dealing
with those instructions and specifics on what you do indeed eat.

Again, thanks so much. I'll try to correlate all this stuff and
summarize.

Here's a few words of wisdom to wet your appetite: ****from my own
experience, I think sometimes we who must deal with food issues tend to
focus too much on what we can't have and how difficult eating is.  I've
learned there is more in life to enjoy, and if we continue to dwell on
these difficulties, we may just miss the "good" in our lives.****