BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:36:03 -0400

Yes, it's me again, and my white whale - the white brick apartment houses
of the 1950s, which are actually made with black specks introduced into the
glaze.

I have now a Hanley brick catalogue saying the introduction of the little
black specks is "attention getting."   But, looking at two adjacent
buildings, 200 East 66th (Manhattan House, pure white) and 201 East 66th  (typical
1950s building, with speckles) I cannot see a dime's worth of  difference,
from more than 5 feet away..

Anyone care to venture a guess on the aesthetic value of the little  specks?

Christopher