From:
Pixilated <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:11:59 -0700

Hi Friends,
        Recently I remember reading on the list that a child became severely
constipated and was in serious pain... I now understand how she felt!
        I spent from 4 AM to 3:30 PM on Saturday in the ER being tested for
gall stones, problems with my pancreas, I was subjected to exrays, barium,
injected with isotopes... only to find out that my organs were A-OK.  I was
just "full of it."  (embarrassing!!!)
        I thought that because I am a vegetarian that it would be impossible
for me to become so impacted, but, apparently it can.  What I need now are
some suggestions on how to prevent this in the future.  I am not one for
taking pills, so I would like to know some daily food items to include to
prevent this from happening again.
        BTW, the only clue that I have about my diet over the past month is,
that I got tired of eating rice (brown rice).  Due to the heat I was eating
more salads for dinner and fruits for breakfast  I ate my main meals at
lunch.

Ideas?  Has this happened to any others?  Could there be another cause?

Thanks,
Lynda
                          ..
\|/ [log in to unmask]  \|/ \|/ So.CA \|/ _@V