From:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 08:58:27 -0800

Joanne wrote:

>Also, I'm looking for info. on Taster's Choice (Nestle Co.)  freeze dried
>instant coffee,
>the vinegar in Best Foods/Hellman's Mayonaise,
>the Vinegar in French's Dijon mustard,

I have received a letter dated February 3, 1997 which states that Taster's
Choice is gluten free.

Also, I have contacted the Best Foods company, and have an allergy and
sensitivity list dated 1996 (also recieved early this year) which states
that Best Foods and Hellmann's Mayonaise are GF.

BTW, a call to the makers of Gray Poupon early this year verified verbally
that it's contents were GF.

I have not reacted to any of these products, and I am as sensitive as a
canary in a coal mine!  ;)

BTW, I would encourage everyone to politely contact the companies of all
the questionable products you consume.  This is a good way to get the
manufacturers to be aware of our problem.  Also, most companies are very
gracious and happy to hear that you are interested in their products.  So
much so, that they often will send you coupons via the mail.

Also, I was told by La Victoria Foods here in So. CA. (earlier this year)
that:  Due to the number of calls they had received regarding the GF status
of their foods, that they were seriously considering putting a GF stamp on
their safe products. (paraphrased)

We all have heard the saying:  "When in doubt do without."  Might I also
suggest:  "When in doubt *check it out*" (?)  =)

Hope this helps you,
Lynda

\*/\*/\*/ Lynda \*/ [log in to unmask] \*/ So. Calif.\*/\*/ _@v