Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 09:58:03 -0400

Greetings!

This is my first time to post so please bear with me if I have done this
incorrectly!!

I have a question for all the long time DH/CD'ers.   I have had DH for
probably all my life.  Only diagnosed and under treatment for the past 18+
years.  My dermatologist gives me Dapsone and has said there is no need to go
on the gluten free diet as long as this works.  We do periodic blood work
just to be sure all functions are in order.
My son was diagnosed with CD 3 1/2 years ago, (Diabetes 4 years ago) .

Now my question:  I have been having lower abdominal cramps for the past 2
months.  None of the "classic" CD symptoms-diarrhea-weight loss (darn it) .
 Went to my OB/Gyn to rule out any female problems-all o.k. there.   I do
have mental fatigue and depression from time to time (more lately, however)
but just thought this was due to trying to handle my sons dietary challenges
and lifestyle.  Doctor just did a complete blood profile and everything was
great!  He gave me an antidepressent, which seems to be making me sick at my
stomach alot.   Could it be that my DH has now  turned into full blown
Celiac?   No I am not on the gluten-free diet, I was trying to decide whether
to try it and see what happens, however I know from this list that it can
take several weeks to months for this be effective.  Or do I presue this
thing with a doctor ( who knows very little about CD)  My son was diagnosed
by a pedi-Gi  in Dallas Tx (300 miles from here) so he would be of little
help to me.

Sorry this is so long-  but I am at my wits (tummy) end with this thing.   I
appreciate
this group and your support for one another.

Beverly Ford