From:
nstn4475 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 17:34:40 -0400

Hello All
  Before I move to the summary I will say that our son (age 9) has been off
corn products now for the past 6 days and the overall  improvement in his
behavior & mood (for the better and to his norm) is remarkable. We now
strongly suspect that corn is the culprit as he acidentally ingested some corn
starch on Mon evening past and his behavior slipped again then proceeded to
improve again today. Sincere thanks to all who responded (15 responses ...
approx. 1% of the list members).
  The following summarizes the responses we have recieved regarding our
query to the list " Is anyone familiar with the symptoms of corn allergy/
intolerance? Anything sound familiar here? Any ideas?" With respect ot our
son's behavior after eating a lot of corn product.

SUMMARY OF RESPONSES ranging from most to least observations #>#
BEHAVIORAL CHANGES AFTER INGESTING CORN PRODUCTS 6>1
agitated, mood swings, angry, emotionally irritated, frustrated,  depressed ,
almost psychotic, behaviour very abnormal for individual, paranoid, hyperactive,
yawning, falling asleep, minor convulsions, lack of concentration
PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS 4>1
headache  some-times leading to migraines, skin rash , itchy, flushing of
face, rapid heartbeat, little blisters back, chest, arms and face (completely
 different
than a gluten reaction), intestinal reaction
SUGGESTIONS
corn free diet, cook from scratch with known ingrediants,be aware that corn can
block certain essential nutrient uptakes causing mental symptoms, shots etc.
for allergen, check for other contaminants (ie. fumigants, wheat), be tested by
an allergist for food allergies, refer to reference book "Feed Your Kids
Bright",  look for other causes, don't put your son on  ritalin, see an
environmental doctor  MD

Thank You Again,