From:
Tanis Collard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 22:46:08 -0400

I have a cousin who has been battling illness for quite sometime.
Ironically, her daughter is also very ill.  The mother is experiencing
severe bouts of stomache pain that last for days but then don't come back
again for weeks or months.  When she experiences the pain, she ends up at
the hospital, where they frequently give her morphine or demerol and then
send her home.  She has been to many many doctors, even acupuncturists out
of desperation, and no one can help her.  She has lost close to fifty
pounds.  The doctors now have her on a yeast free, wheat free diet, no fat
diet, questioning diverticulitus.  She feels no better.  Her daughter,
recently married, has been said to have Candida, which I think, by her
description is an over buildup of yeast.  She also is reacting to all sorts
of enviromental things and has to remain in her home with little or know
visitors.  She quit her job because in part, the building was having the
roof tarred and it came in through the ventilation ducts and she became so
ill she was rushed to the hospital.  Her daughter,  is reacting to
everything she eats and breathes.  Apparently, both have led normal lives
until the past year.  Both are living on very restrictive diets but seeing
absolutely no improvements.  Unforunately, I feel helpless because I am so
very far away.  I have seen a few people on this list from Halifax and Nova
Scotia, and I would love to have one of you email me privately with some
physician referrals who are well versed in digestive disorders, etc..
Also, if any of you can provide some closer moral support for these people,
please let me know.  It is difficult to find help from this distance.
Thanks for listening.

Tanis Collard