From:
"John G. Sanders" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 23:21:19 -0700

Hi folks.  In the mid-seventies my mom and Elaine Hartsook founded the
Gluten Intolerance Group in Seattle.  At that time (I was about six) we
were all given very nice hard plastic cards which stated that the carrier
had Celiac Sprue and it is imperative that he/she not receive any of the
following foods...  It went on to list the list (which was much shorter
in those days).  Well, I've still got mine in my wallet twenty years later.
It has helped during those occasions when the waitress looks at me with
one eyebrow raised, you know what I mean.  One may want check with
G.I.G.  and see if they still offer such a card.  I haven't had contact
in some time.  Good Luck!!

John Sanders

GF in the Great NW