From:
Terri Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:56:25 -0500

Here is the response I received today from Mi-Del cookies:

Thank you for contacting us regarding MI-DEL Gluten-free Cookies.

The manufacturer of MI-DEL Gluten free Cookies adheres to the Codex Alimentarius standard – the international gluten-free food standard for manufacturers.

The current Codex gluten-free standard specifies a gluten limit of 200 parts per million (ppm).  MI-DEL gluten-free products consistently fall well below 200 ppm.  In fact, MI-DEL gluten-free products consistently test below twenty (20) ppm.

Utilizing ELISA methodology, product samples are tested at the beginning, middle, and end of each production run.  Every batch of gluten-free flour blend is also tested prior to mixing.

The manufacturer of Mi-Del Cookies practices "good manufacturing practices" in the cleaning of their production lines.  This includes  Allergen Sanitation procedures which involve swabbing for residues.

We trust this explanation is satisfactory and hope we have renewed your confidence in the gluten free status of the MI-DEL brand."

Regards,
Liberty Richter

Terri Collins
Northern Virginia