Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:41:15 -0600

Hi there,
Okay I think all the answers are in.  I was going to try and put some
statements in here that I thought were exceptionally.  However - there
were just so many good emails sent to me I can't really choose just a
few.  So I will just give the general feeling over all.

Basically most thought because I have been diagnosed with CD and her
blood test came up positive for it, there was really no need for her to
go further by having a biopsy.  But that a follow up blood test would be
a better thing to do further down the road to see how her gf diet is
going.

And as for the remark by the doctor that she was gluten sensitive now
and would become a Celiac when older if she didn't go gf now.  (More of
a mixed bag of answers on this one.)

There were people who agreed that gluten sensitivity now isn't
necessarily CD.  However, there were *more* who felt it should be
considered to be one and the same.  A greater number of people were
saying that if she was 'positive' then she indeed already has CD.

Thank you very much.  We have gone with the decision 'not' to pursue a
biopsy for her (unless more things start to happen with her) and to make
sure she understands the seriousness of her situation and need for the
gluten-free diet.  She *has* had symptoms already and so we are just
going to go with the fact that she is a celiac like her mom and leave it
at that.  It does not matter *what* the doctor calls it, it is obvious
it is there...call it whatever you like...it doesn't change anything
about what she needs to do to take care of the problem.

Thank you again for all your help. I haven't answered everyone
personally and I *do* apologize, but I have been asking so many
questions and receiving so many wonderful answers...I am having trouble
keeping up.

Thank you all again,
Robin
Minnesota