From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:49:23 EDT

I am pleased to announce the formation of a subunit on Gluten Intolerance
Diseases within the Dietitians in General Clinical Practice (DGCP) Dietetic
Practice Group (DPG). This is one of the largest and most active practice
groups within the American Dietetic Association (ADA).

Several months ago we began the arduous job of forming a cohesive group of
dietitians interested in celiac disease and other gluten intolerances within
the ADA. The DGCP offers us a means to become influential in the practice of
dietitians, the quality of materials and information available to patients,
and a powerful force to regulatory agencies dealing with gluten intolerances
a " all goals of the subunit. I have been appointed Assistant Editor and CE
Editor for the DGCP. Articles on celiac disease will regularly appear in the
a ~Clinical Connectionsa (TM) quarterly Newsletter and CE credit
programs will be available.

Celiac Disease is a disease that is truly controlled with Medical Nutrition
Therapy. Dietitians must take their rightful place in this rapidly growing
field.

As we finish the final phases of becoming a subunit, the DGCP has requested
we develop a list of dietitians interested in this subunit. Please complete
the information below and return to: [log in to unmask] Please share this
information with other dietitians who would be interested. I look forward to
working with all of you in the near future.

Plan to attend the lecture a oeRecipe for Gluten Free Success, a Tuesday
Oct. 23 at 1:00 p.m., Room 132 in the America's Center, St. Louis, MO.
Also visit the Dietitians in General Clinical Practice at booth #3254,
Monday Oct 22 9:30 a "11:30 in the Exhibit hall at the Food and
Nutrition Conference and Exhibition, St. Louis, MO. (Please note, this
is a professional meeting for Dietitians. Attendance is by
preregistration only.)

Sincerely,
Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD
Executive. Director, Gluten Intolerance Groupa,, cents

I am interested in joining the Gluten Intolerance Diseases unit of the DGCP.

Name (including credentials):

ADA Reg. #:

Mailing Address:

Where do you practice?

Phone number: (work and home):

Where should we contact you?

Email address:

Do you currently belong to the DGCP DPG?

Do you belong to other DPGs? Which one(s)?

Would you consider a leadership role in this unit?

Would you like to contribute articles to the Flash on gluten intolerances?
Would you be interested in assisting to develop CE materials?

Thank you for your interest and participation.

Please forward this message to all Dietitians that you know.

Submitted by
Nancy
Seattle, WA
USA