From:
Leigh Menditto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 21:06:28 EDT

Summary of comments on aggressive behavior and wheat/dairy products:

thank you for responding to our request.  we received over 40 responses to
our post.  We got some very good comments and ideas to work with. we have
been following this track for awhile now with limited success and many
questions.  the comments have encouraged us to pursue a more of a dietary
balance.  we also feel our son's currrent med combo of propranolol and
tegretol are still important as he tries to control his impulsiveness and
aggression.  eventually, we would like to change and have the diet become
100% useful so he can live a happpier life, as well as providing some peace
for other family members.

Well here goes our summary report: once again thanks to all.

many comments pertained to gluten and how it effects behavior and how it is
in many food items, especially the grain family.  the fiengold diet was
mentioned many times which can be accessed at Fiengold.org.  also books
toreview included The Brain Wellness Plan by Dr. J Lombard and Carol Germano.
 Eat Right For Your Blood Type by Pete D'Adamo (www.dadamo.com),
[log in to unmask]  also, Dr. Doris Rapp, who writes about behavior
problems associated with allergies and sensitivity to food and the
environment.  This YOur Child's World.     Cynthia Ulrich Tobias - The Way
They Learn.

Some other web sites: gfcfdiet.com, glutenfree.org/hoggan/ - mr hoggan wrote
a thesis on this subject.  www.ozemail.com.au/~sdengate/, amines and
salicylates found in foods that cause behavior problems.

here are some comments:  gf.cf diet to treat behavior disorders, as well as
autism, has helped in some cases.

Improperly digested milk and gluten protein resemble opium compounds that can
disrupt the central nervous systems function.

A family with 3 kids wrote: one is ocd and allergic to wheat/milk, one is
allergic to wheat, and the other is gluten introlerant.  when they come in
contact with wiheat, there is a definite psychological affect.  different
organs can be affect by wheat - the brain is an organ, so it makes sense  it
to could be affected/allergic.
my nine yer old celiac shows marked neurological/behavioral changes when he
has gluten or diary.  even he knows!

i hope this helps others, if you need other information please write, we have
saved the comments and sites. thanks.