VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2013 00:01:38 -0700
The Word Press instructions I posted should work with NVDA. The WP
interface changes often in small ways, so it's possible you'll notice
minor differences.

I've never posted multimedia content. Right below the Title edit box is
a series of links. I am pretty sure one of them is for uploading media.
Another blind user told me she had some problems getting it to work
smoothly, but she didn't explain why. I've tried uploading photos, and
the problem with that is that you have to click on a particular spot in
the edit field to tell WP where you want the picture to appear. At the
time, it didn't seem doable with a screen reader, even using mouse
simulation. It's possible that this is the same problem with the media
upload. I don't know, and it's been a long time since I tried doing it,
so things may have changed.

The thing about Word Press is that it seems really complicated the first
half dozen times you use it. then you get the hang of it. It helps if
you spend a lot of time in the beginning just exploring the screen, if
you focus on learning to do one or two tasks at a time, and if you log
on relatively frequently in the beginning so you don't forget.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]