VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:36:21 -0800
ATM Machines are not yet ready for the blind.  For many years I have used my
ATM Card at most major chain retail markets and stores to get cash.  When
making a purchase at a major retail outlet, ask if they give "Cash Back"
when you use your ATM card.  Some stores have a $40.00 limit.  Most
Supermarket Grocery Stores will give you up to $100.00 in cash at time of
check-out.  My sur-charge is only twenty cents, far less than the $2.00 or
more charged at most ATM outlets.  Additionally, the transaction takes place
at the check-out register, a far safer place for a blind person than many
ATM locations.  It has been a get cash life saver, not only near my home,
bet in strange cities far from home.  Gordon Wahl