VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:18:18 -0800
for me, the small size and light weight of the netbook was the deciding
factor: the unit really is small enough and light enough to carry around,
which is what I was planning to do with it. It's about the size of a
BrailleNote, maybe a little lighter. If you don't have a Braille Note, it's
about the size of a halfsheet of letter writing paper and maybe half an inch
(1.3 cm) thick. the case I bought for it is the size of a purse that is
bigger than medium, but not huge.

I use mine for writing, emailing, and web surfing. So far, I haven't had
problems with memory, and I do sometimes work on documents that are between
one and two hundred pages long.

there is no CD drive, but I bought one for 50 dollars, which is about the
size of a CD jewel box, maybe twice as thick. It fits in the purse-like
carrying case, so it's handy whenever I need it.

The keyboard is comfortable, but because I have to be careful of my wrist, I
connect an ergonomic keyboard to it if I plan to do more than casual typing.

the netbook is a secondary computer for me, so I don't use it all the time.
Still, I like it very well.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]