VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Sollars <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Sollars <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2023 13:02:59 -0700
My wife was cleaning the desk top this morning in order to lay down my
Christmas present on the desk - a KC Chiefs non-skid desk mat. She made a
huge mistake and started cleaning the keyboard with furniture polish while
it was still connected.

Now, the recycle bin is gone off the desk top of the computer and replaced
by a series of numbers. I had stuff in the recycle bin, and when I hit the
string of numbers I get nuttin.

After the 'cleaning' I couldn't restore anything, couldn't even get to
outlook or documents.  Is there a way to restore the bin?

It was messed up so bad after she ran the cloth over the keyboard, it made
gibberish noises & then she emptied out a 'pound' of crumbgs out of the
keyboard,I then shut it down for a period of time and that's when I found
the bin

Any suggestions are appreciated

Robertwas gone.

Using Windows 10 on a computer that was made in 2018 - 5 years ago.

Any suggestions?

I hope I don't need to be more clear on this.the bin is gone and I don't how
to get it back from the string of numbers that replaced it.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]