VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 23:56:25 -0400
Albert:

I can only help you with issue number 1; hence, anyone receiving this email
is welcome to post on list or contact me privately respecting issue number
2; i.e., synchronization.

The smart money says that you've somehow managed to toggle the recessed
"silence" switch to the off position, which switch is directly above the
volume up and down buttons.  As you probably know, depressing that switch
toward the back (non-screen) side of the unit turns off sounds, but it does
not turn off the voice-over vocalizations, (thereby leading to some
confusion among iPhone users).

Bottom line, the smart money says that if you use your fingernail or a
stylus to push the recessed toggle switch above the volume buttons toward
the screen side of the iPhone, you'll get your sounds back.

Hope this helps!

John