VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Flor Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Flor Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:51:40 -0000

But how about RealPlayer 'premium' sites?  It wouldn't work with them, nor will the free Realplayer.  Can it, for example, pick up the English-language Al-Jazera?  www.aljazeera.net ? that's free on a limited basis.
and there are other stations' live cricket commentaries and coverage of other major sports events, that are not available except by supscription.  Personally, though, I prefer Windows Media Player because of its superior audio quality.  I am, however, lucky enough to have a DSL broadband connection.  On dial-up, RealPlayer may be more stable than WMP (or so it was when I was on dial-up), which probably would apply to Real Alternative as well.