VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
DMFISHER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 20:42:46 -0400
Back in the '50's, I think, there was a program called the twenty-first
century.  They were talking about private ownership of vehicles becoming
the exception as  automated vehicles could be summoned, an i b m card
inserted with destination and away you'd go.  I've been waiting for that
to happen ever since and most likely it won't in my life time but --

How about artificial vision?  How much closer are we getting to that?

I hear a lot of negatives about monies spent in the space program and I
say, spend, research, and develop because we benefit from the new
technology.  I've often hoped that instant information would be available
through voice activation as on Star Trek.

Truly, what a marvelous age we live in.

Doris Fisher

btw, thanks for all of you who post such interesting articles.