VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeanne Fike <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanne Fike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2019 14:57:33 -0500
Some of you may be interested in the following I got from another list.

Hi folks, please read all of the information below:

As a reminder, the free online course, Replacing Your Traditional Computer
With an iPad starts on Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 3PM Eastern time. For those

who have not yet heard of this course, here are the details:

Apple s iPad was introduced in 2010 as a magical and revolutionary product,
and today, that s more true than it s ever been before. The iPad has changed

lives and changed the way we work, play, communicate, create, and express
ourselves, whether we are sighted or non-sighted using Voiceover. Thanks to
incredible

power and graphics, advanced productivity features, a wealth of apps, and
lots of awesome accessories, it is truly possible to use an iPad as your
full

time computer solution.

The Tech Juggernaut is pleased to offer a free course on how to do just that
- replace your traditional computer with an iPad. This course will be taught

by a certified Apple Teacher as well as four other well-respected
instructors who have either received training or who have used Apple
products for close

to a decade. We will teach you the differences between the iPhone and iPad
and how to use those differences to your advantage - even with Voiceover.
Voiceover

users will learn how to work in split screen with two apps open
side-by-side, how to work while watching a movie, how to use two websites at
once, how

to drag items from one app to another, and more. We will teach you how to
use your iPad with a Bluetooth keyboard or Smart Keyboard and other
accessories.

You ll learn the basics, like using Messages, Mail, Safari, Calendar, Maps,
and other built-in apps, but you ll also learn advanced topics such as using

Apple Pages, Clips, GarageBand, and more. Create and share documents,
movies, presentations, and spreadsheets. Record and edit audio. Build
beautiful websites.

Travel with your iPad, and use it in education, business, or just in life.
All these topics and more will be discussed in this awesome free course.

The course begins, as stated, on April 9 at 3PM Eastern, and will be held
every Tuesday and Thursday from 3PM to 5PM Eastern, with an ending date of
May

23, 2019. Audio demos, web resources, assignments, discussions, and other
resources will accompany the course. To join, students must meet the
following

qualifications:

Have a reasonable level of knowledge in the area of Voiceover on iOS and
basic Voiceover gestures Already own, or be willing to purchase, an iPad,
such

as the iPad Sixth Generation which can often be found for as low as $279 in
the USA Have a reliable internet connection, Wi-Fi or cellular (data rates

may apply if using cellular)

If you have already expressed an interest in taking this course or have
already enrolled in it, you are good to go, and there s no need to take any
further

action at this time. If not, there s still time to join. To do so, please
send an email to:

In the subject line, indicate that you wish to join the iPad course. In the
message body, please include your full name, cell phone number, and an email

address where you receive and reply to email messages. Please consider very
carefully the above requirements for joining, especially the requirement of

a reasonable knowledge of Voiceover. While we do not wish to exclude anyone,
there simply is not time to teach Voiceover gestures and still cover all
this

awesome content. We can certainly answer quick questions and remind folks of
gestures they may forget etc, but if you do not have at least a basic
understanding

of how to navigate, use the Rotor, and accomplish basic tasks with
Voiceover, you will not get much out of this course. Any questions please
let us know.

Looking forward to working with you in this course. Take care and God bless
you.:)

Matt

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]