VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:08:12 -0700
Hi to all.  Harry, I cannot answer your first question--I'm using JAWS and
have no problems.  Concerning your 2nd question, however, I think I can
help.  I didn't hear the Main Menu last night, but when I want to copy an
audio file to my hard drive (which is not very often--these things tend to
use up storage space), I find the file I want, then use the Properties key
and arrow to where it says "Save as Target" and press Enter there.  I then
get the request of where I would like the file downloaded to, etc.  Once I
make my choices and press the Enter key again, then I get the downloading
screen which tells me how fast the file is downloading, approximately how
much  downloading time is left, etc.

I should note that there are at three other reasons I don't download audio
files:  (1) unless the web site author specifically allows it, I may be
violating copyrights if I do; (2) related to that, some files--partickularly
those that contain copyrighted music--may have nasty viruses purposefully
associated with them that could harm your system; and (3) I am using a 56K
dial-up modem, and it often takes me twice or three times as long to
download an audio file than it does to play it as a stream.

I hope all of this helps.  Take care.

Ted Chittenden