VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Visually Impaired Pittsburgh Area Computer Enthusiasts! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 21:01:05 -0400
VIPACE members learned a bit about Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive
Technology at our last meeting.  One of PIAT's activities is a short term
assistive technology loan program.  One may borrow an item for a month to
evaluate its usefulness.

This program has only a few items used by blind persons and most blind
persons have little knowledge of the program.

We now have the opportunity to provide input on how a large block of new
funds will be spent.

Should PIAT stock items like note takers, talking devices, money
identifiers, Arkenstone's talking map, speech synthesizers, etc?

You are encouraged to contact PIAT about this and if you cannot attend the
meeting next Tuesday, ask to complete their survey.

Please pass the announcement on to friends in harrisburg and Philly.