VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:55:01 -0500

Hi all,

I have an older version of word.  I think it is 2002.  I have recently had to do a lot of typing and have come up with a problem.

I have one document open with articles that I am reading and another document open for me to write down notes.  I keep alt tabbing between the two.  I am using window eyes 6.1 also.  After I read some of the articles document and I go over to the other document to make some notes the previous notes that I just have written are all messed up.  Letters from words are missing when I know I typed the words correctly.  Halves of sentences are taken and inserted down below a few lines so I have to keep rewriting things and never really get ahead.  I don't know what is going on.  I went into the auto correct menu and unchecked for the program to do a lot of things to see if that would help.  I don't know if that made it worse or not.  A lot of those things I didn't even know what they were.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?  If anyone has any ideas what might be going on I would really appreciate it.  Someone said that maybe it is a toolbar problem that is making my screen reader not be able to focus properly.  She said I would need sighted help to fix that.  I don't know what she is talking about so anyway thanks in advance.  One more thing, I was wondering if maybe somehow window eyes could be just reading things in a jumbled up fashion because it sees it that way, but it is really not that way.

Lisa

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]