VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 05:40:41 -0700
Hi,
There are all kinds of streaming music/radio options out there.  I use free
versions of both Pandora and Spotify and they work very well.  Pandora lets
you search for artists and songs, and the resulting station(s) are based
around that artist/song and other similar artists/songs.  Spotify has preset
playlists, and you can also search by artists and bring up lists of their
albums which you can play.  The only annoyance that I've found with this
setup is that when you select an album, you have to play its tracks in
random order instead of the regular track order on the album.  If you want
to play albums in track order you have to go with the paid service.

Check out this month's issue of Access World for a review of Spotify.

If you're a jazz fan, the Jazz Radio app has 35 genres of jazz from which to
choose, from bebop to hard bop to cool jazz to big bands, piano-based jazz,
guitar-based jazz, jazz/rock fusion and different flavors of so-called
smooth jazz.  That's a fun one too if you're into jazz.

Also, since you have an iPhone 5, check out iTunes radio, which is okay,
too.

Tom