VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:02:32 -0400
Bill

Wonderful.  More legal costs, more animosity, more restraint on
development, and what have the blind gained from all this.  They still
have difficulty in finding competitive private sector employment.  With
all the handholding, they are losing the spirit of attempting to be
self-reliant once they complete the sanitized school world you give
them.So you are actually, while making school easier for them, crippling
them to deal with the real competitive private employment sector.
And with all this legal threat talk, who in the world would intentionally
want to employ someone from that protected class.
I sure wouldn't.

What the blind organizations  have done is hurt the blind and totally
misappropriated the original intention of the law.
The laws have been abused and overused.

The more I think about it, it's time for Congress to reconsider these laws
and rewrite them to better reflect intention and control expenditures.

This kind of approach creates hostility.  About the only thing that is
being accomplished is billing hours for attorneys and expert witnesses.

If these laws were truly effective, we'd be seeing a change in blind
employment trends. and we are not.

faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not
seen. And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes
to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek
Him. --Hebrews 11:1,6 (NASB)