VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ren Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:47:28 -0500
You are correct. But what we are talking about is not how to deal with a
specific case like this. But we should have  a philosophically correct
guide in our mind when we cope with this kind of problem. First thing we
need to remember is that we are a group. Whatever I do would affect the
the sighted people's impression about the blind. In this materialize and
scientific society, business won't do anything without benefit; people
won't believe anything without seeing it. If you are a congenitally blind
person, you can not perceive a visual beauty or a colorful object no
matter how much the sighted people describe it to you. So I would say that
indoctrination or a law force is not an efficient or best way to solve
this problem. It should be the last choice. The first question I often ask
myself and my friends is "did I do my best?"

Ren Wang