VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ren Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 07:56:47 -0500
I agree with you. As a totally blind person, I realized that some
employers afraid of hire a blind person not because of any discrimination
but just they are not sure how a blind could such job. So all we need to
do is to demonstrate. For example, a few months ago, from this mailing
list, I received an article published on Wall Street Journal about the
good performance of a blind Turkish programmer. I realized that his job
responsibility is similar to a job I am applying for. So last week, after
an interview, I enclosed this article in the thanks letter I sent to the
manager and told him further that I do not have any special requirement
for equipment or training. I believe showing and demonstrating is always
more powerful than yelling. It's the experience that every successful
salesman has.

Today Every blind person in this world is a salesperson selling a
wonderful product made by God--our capability. So keep doing, we will
succeed.

Ren Wang