VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Seymour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 05:40:59 -0400
I heard an interview with a woman named Amy Mullins, who has a prosthesis
for each leg and was doing runway modeling a few weeks ago.

She was being interviewed on the BBC World Service, and I want to get in
touch with her. I tried typing BBC.org and BBC.com, but they didn't give
me what I wanted.

Does anybody know how to reach the BBC, or how to find out?

And how about tracking down Amy Mullins directly? She is also an
accomplished athlete in the para olympics.

Secondly, my friend uses a Mac and played several of its screenreading
voices to me. I thought that they were pretty smooth sounding. Some had
names like Fred and bells. Some were fun sound effect based voices, and
others would be pretty practical for me.

For example, I'd like to have my email from females read in a female
voice, and the voice on the mac was quite good. It is not buzzy, and is
closer to the electronic voice on a talking watch.

Is there any way that we can use those voices on a PC, with a soundcard?

Peter Seymour