VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 07:12:51 -0500
One, admittedly rather cynical translation of the below message is "We're
dumping our dos reader on the market so we don't need to bother with the
support for it."  I understand that when dropping to a dos box in windows
with jfw, one doesn't get full control over dos programs.  without a dos
reader.  If you want a directory listing, fine, but you won't get optimum
use out of a more complex dos program.  "And, by the way, while we're
dumping the dos reader on the market, we would like to remind you folks
with the older versions of the Windows product, to get with it and pay
some money to us so we can bother to support you Too."  Just an
observation.  Reminded me of microsoft when they have their inexpensive
so-called windows reader and they have a free audio streaming program to
ccompete with real audio I believe. Interesting stuff.

Steve

--
|  Steve Zielinski  (N8UJS)  |