VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:45:54 -0400
Hi all,
Well, here's the scoop.
I'm running a laptop computer, running windows xp home edition and jaws 9.0.
Winamp wasn't playing some windows media files I downloaded from a web site, so, I went to Tom Lorimores site, and downloaded the latest winamp, version 5.53.
I love it, but, here's the problem.  When I installed it, it installed winamp remote, which let's you play files using winamp remotely.  So, I tried to remove it using ad/remove programs, and I tried from the program files as well, and both times, I get a message that winamp  remote cannot be removed.
Does anyone know of things I can do to remove it?
It's not gonna hurt me if I can't remove it, but I sure hate the winamp remote window on my computer every time it boots up and every time I press alt f 4 to go back top, because the winamp remote window is there.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]