VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Camper Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Camper Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:29:23 -0400
I am legally blind and dependent on my glasses or contacts to give me
semi usable vision. I also hear better when my glasses are on. I always
thought that it was because my sense of sight was so accustomed to
having the glasses that all my senses followed suit. In other words, my
brain knows that my sense of sight is enhanced by glasses so when ever
the glasses are on all senses will be enhanced. I never taught but have
been a student at one time or another for many years. I always inform
any instructor of my legal blindness and one thing I ask is when I have
my hand raised could they please address me by name so that I don't
assume they are calling on me and speak over someone else. This works
most of the times except for when the instructor forgets and points to
me then there is that awkward silence until he/she calls my name :-)
Mick

--
http://www.campermick.com