VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Camper Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Camper Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:25:22 -0400
I learned the hard way. This email account was set up for personal email
while I have others for the same things mentioned below. A couple of my
friends love going to those sites that have humor or greeting cards and
would send them along to me. I didn't know that when ever you went to
the site suggested by my friends that I was being placed on that sites
mailing list. Not only for that site but every site they operated. I
started doing the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the emails and it
just got worse. I have since been on a warpath and have learned how to
read headers and who to complain to about it. Most respected domains or
ISP's take immediate action and stop the spamming - most except for AOL
who does nothing. My spam is decreasing but there are some tough ones
out there. An extremely difficult one to tackle as of late is a
pornographic site called B-R-I-T-N-E-Y-S-P-E-A-R-S. I am being flooded
by spam from this site and it is almost impossible to track the senders
because they are using many email addresses. The domain itself is
useless because they choose to let the spam continue. The sad thing is
that I don't visit pornographic sites but they got my email address. It
makes me wonder about people with children. They must be getting this
stuff to so how do you protect your kids?

Mick

--
http://www.campermick.com