VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:51:03 -0400
Hi all,
I'm using a gateway laptop, running windows xp pro, and jaws 12.0.525.
I'm also using internet explorer 7.
Here's the problem.  I go to the following web page
http://www.crosstalkamerica.com
and I click on show archive.
I can click on the show archive link but when the page loads, it keeps refreshing and refreshing.  I want to find the show from April 11, 2011.  So, I pressed control f for find, then typed April 11 and pressed enter.  It took me there, to the place on the web page, but the page kept refreshing, so, I could not click on the mp3 file link.
I called tech support at Freedom Scientific, and they told me to turn flash movies off, and I did that, but it still keeps refreshing and refreshing.
They also told me to turn off page refresh as needed, to off.  I did that too, same problem.  It keeps refreshing and refreshing.
The guy that helped me, (Dennis), was using a later version of internet explorer and he didn't have a problem with it.
So, what do I do?  He told me to try firefox, but I couldn't find it on Mozilla.org.
So, Can someone, using internet explorer, try the page and click on show archive, and then try what I did with control f, then type April 11 and press enter, and see what you get?
I'm in a real mess here.  I am using IE 7, because IE 8 is just too slow, and unfortunately, Microsoft won't let anybody, use internet explorer 9, unless they have Windows 7.  I don't want to upgrade right now folks, because I have alot of little things that I have to do for folks, and learning a whole new operating system will put me back months more behind than I already am.
So, what would you all do?
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]