VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2021 17:36:36 -0400
     Hi all,

As someone who has been involved with automated vehicles since 1998, in
almost every facet, I get asked by my blind friends, (I'm one of you),
"how in the heck am I going to be able to buy an automated vehicle when
it comes on the market? Or, any kind of technology that will help me?

I didn't know, for years, how that could be possible, until 2012.

Then I learned about something, not many folks know about, and what is
that thing? It's called, alternative credit!!!

What is alternative credit?

So you pay your rent, and your utility bills on time, all the time, and
have a perfect history of paying them off, and not being late?

That, my friend, will give you access to alternative credit!!!

Now here's the big thing though, you cannot have any other debt that's
outstanding, none.

The person who told me about it, said to me, "Harry, I called my credit
union, and I told them I wanted alternative credit. They told me, ""Hang
on while we put your name in the system to see if you qualify.""

Then, they came back on the line, telling me, "you sure do qualify for
alternative credit, you pay all of your bills on time, and, you have no
outstanding debt of any kind, so, we'll give you your loan!"

So folks, that's what happened.

Credit unions are very opened to using alternative credit.

Now if they want hard copy letters from your landlord, and utility
companies, go get those. All the letter says is, for example "my tenant,
named Jill Smith, has been renting from me for 5 years now, and she has
payed her rent on time."

The utility company letter would say, for example "I'm with DTE Energy,
and this customer, John Green, has payed his electric bill, on time,
every month, for 6 years now."

Now, what if you have outstanding debt, IMMEDIATELY, either call the
companies you owe, and make a payment plan, and pay everything off, or,
contact a debt management company, there are many, and they can talk
with your creditors, and they'll set up a DMP, (debt management plan),
and you pay a monthly paiment to them to give your creditors, till the
debts are payed off!

So, there you have it folks, it is possible, to get credit.

Oh, and one more thing, social security qualifies for you, as income
enough, for taking your payment out of monthly.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]