VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:29:35 -0000
Hi Colin,

Bcc: means "Blind Carbon Copy", as opposed to "Cc:" - Carbon Copy.
(Odd terms to use for electronic mail, I know)

If Bcc: addresses were visible to all and sundry, it would rather
defeat the whole purpose of the feature.

In theory, the ONLY person who sees all the addresses in the Bcc:
field is the sender.

Even if multiple addresses were entered in the Bcc field, none of
those recipients know who else was copied this way, since only the To:
and Cc: fields are visible to all.

I hope this is clear.

George.