VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 01:34:46 -0500
Morey:

I also have a computer (Dell) with realtek "on board" sound chip brought out
to a jack panel exactly as you describe. The jack in the lower right corner
is the line-in jack. Jumping to the upper row and moving right to left: the
jack above the line-in jack is the sub-woofer jack, to the left of that is
the 5.1 surround speakers jack, and the jack in the upper left-hand corner
accomodates two additional speakers for a 7.1 channel system.

Bottom line, unless you're using your computer as a mini-home theater
system, the line-in jack is the only one of real importance.

Glad to have been able to provide this information since I know what a pain
it is to have a new anything without the requisite sighted assistance to
become acquainted with all its features, capabilities, etc.

John