VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 07:39:15 -0400
Kevin

That indeed is the key phrase.  And it is not likely that  insurance
companies will be comfortable with this either meaning owners or operators
of such cars will not be able to procure coverage unless the back-up
driver is an actual legally licensed driver.

It is a fascinating demonstration, that is for sure.  And it may have
application for long-range automated driving such as on an interstate
where someone intends to go for hundreds of miles. ut I am guessing that,
while the car may be able to drive itself (so to speak), there will be a
requirement that a legally qualified driver also be sitting behind the
steering wheel at all times while the autopilot is turned on.

The real measure of our wealth is how much we should be worth if we lost our money.
John Henry Jowett - (1864-1923), English Congregational pastor

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]