VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 07:44:36 -0400
Apparently a reporter this morning published an article in which he asked people in his office what they thought of the CMU study that found isolation and loneliness in Cyberspace.  The reaction was generally LOL or ROFL.  I think the confusion here is between use of a fine communications tool and addiction.  Also, others might resent the loved one's preoccupation, which could lead to family problems.  So many factors must be weighed that the study doesn't wash, IMHO.  I hope this was appropriate input.

Ilene