VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dorene Cornwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:47:16 -0500
Hi Sherry and all

I just sent this question to a list full of people who do JAWS in
multiple languages on purpose.

I have sometimes also had the problem but in my case there would be
some plausible reason JAWS might start reading in Spanish and no reason
it would continue doing that for lines and lines.

Consensus seems to be that this could be a bug in JAWS 9 at least. When
I get time maybe I will dig through the FS website for more info. If
you are sure you never care about detecting text in foreign languages,
one option is on the Ins V menus to scroll through until you find
Language Detect and just turn it off. I actually WANT language detect
on sometimes so I need plan but maybe this will help for you.

Best

Dorene Cornwell
Seattle WA