VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2013 06:09:24 -0400
This has been an interesting give and take.  Let me ask a question here.
Personal liability shouldn't be an issue that is overlooked or just
dismissed as a needless concern.  If an employer raises it or those who
work in the field are concerned about it, the approach should be "can I
protect myself against the possibility of my being suied over it."
First, I'd ask if the employer provides such coverage or has it available
to their employees?
Secondly, if not or if one needs additional personal protection, can
malpractice or errors and omissions coverage be obtained?  I'd ask others
working in a similar job that question and check with full-lline insurance
brokers about it.
The question, Jeff, as the employer has raised it is how do I protect
myself against this happening to me not why is the employer raising it.
I don't like paying for homeowners, auto, or health insurance; but I also
know that I *must* have it as the costs to my wife and I and our  family
are far greater potentially if I don't have it.

Just a different perspective and perhaps my viewpoint, in this instance,
is all wet and misses the whole point.

Nothing is worth living for if its not worth dying for.
Elisabeth Elliot, author, speaker wife and former South American missionary

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]