VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:07:29 -0500
triton is the leading manufacturer of ATM's for non-bank locations, such as
retail stores.  Additionally, an increasing number of credit unions and
small banks use Triton machines.

the Triton 9100 featured in the press release below with talking ATM
capability built in at no additional charge is one of the least expensive
ATM machines that a deployer can purchase with a price tag of under $3,000.
This makes the argument advanced by some ATM owners that delivering audio
functionality for people with disabilities an increasingly difficult one to
sustain.

Kelly

    All Triton ATMs Now Have Audio Capability as Standard Feature

    PR Newswire

    All Triton ATMs Now Have Audio Capability as Standard Feature

ATMs utilize leading edge text-to-speech synthesis technology

    LONG BEACH, Miss., Oct. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- All our ATMs are talking!
Triton, leading manufacturer of automated teller machines (ATMs) in North
America, announces that, beginning this week, the Triton 9100 Monochrome
ATM is equipped with audio-guided transaction support. Now all Triton
models for the U.S. market include audio capability as a standard feature
at no additional cost. "Our distributors asked for this feature and we
answered the request by including it on the lowest cost ATM we offer,"
said Triton President Brian Kett. "All Triton ATMs utilize leading edge
text-to-speech synthesis technology. We chose it over .WAV files
technology to provide the most flexibility and lowest ongoing cost for
Triton distributors." Developed in consultation with members of the
disabled community and compliant with the proposed changes to the existing
ADA regulations, the Triton ATMs feature an audio port for the visually
impaired and perform private audio transactions. The visually impaired
consumer uses headphones connected to the ATM through the audio port to
step through private ATM transactions. No changes will be required of any
currently certified Triton processor to support audio-guided transactions.
"Transactions through ATMs have become a standard way of life in the U.S.
and all Americans must have access to this service," Kett said. "We are
pleased to offer speech capability on all our models, making it easy and
convenient to perform audio transactions. We will continue to meet and
exceed the needs of our distributors." Working to meet the industry needs
of distributors such as Cardtronics of Houston, Texas, Triton developed a
plan to incorporate the voice-guided technology into the 9100 monochrome
units without increasing the price of the unit to distributors. "Our
partnership with Triton is a great example of how two companies can work
together to provide ATM solutions tailored to the market," said Brian
Archer, executive vice president of Cardtronics. "Our company's focus is
to provide outstanding products and services to our ATM customers."

    About Triton Triton is the largest provider of off-premise ATMs and
ATM management software in North America and has more than 100,000
installations in over 17 countries worldwide. With a complete line of
products for financial institutions and retail locations, Triton is
committed to redefining and leading the market for cash delivery systems.
Triton is headquartered in Long Beach, Miss., and is an operating company
of Dover Industries, Inc., a subsidiary of Dover Corporation. For more
information about Triton, please visit

http://www.tritonatm.com
or call
228-868-1317 (U.S. toll free 1-800-367-7191).

    SOURCE Triton Web Site:

http://www.tritonatm.com