PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stan Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:02:15 -0500
Call for Papers
Psychology, Psychoanalysis, and the Law in Our Litigious Society

Dear Colleague,

      I cordially invite you to contribute to our Special Issue on PSYCHOLOGY,
PSYCHOANALYSIS, and the LAW in our litigious society of
"Clio's Psyche: Understanding the `Why' of Culture, Current Events, History,
and Society."  Our goal is to explore psychological issues relevant to the role
of law in contemporary society.  We are seeking articles from 600 to 1500
words--including your brief biography--which relate psychologically to one or
more of the following issues and questions:

Discuss the diffusion of law into every aspect of life, what you might call,
"the legalization of life"
What is the psychology of legal defensiveness
How has the law become "a grab bag" to be used for many purposes?
The emotional uses of law, including law as:
The legal expression of anger
    As intimidation
    As an expression of individualism, of autonomy
Jury psychology
The relationship of politics and the law
Law as a system of gridlock
The ideological uses of the law
Electoral Law
Insanity and the law
Alternate systems of law
A review essay on books on psychoanalysis (or psychology) and the law
Mediation and the law
Dysfunctional family courts
The legal rights of children
Law and individual freedom
The psychology of plea bargaining
Money and the law
The law on television
How legal consciousness has affected your particular field of endeavor
Personal Journeys:
    What psychological needs led me to become a lawyer
    Why I no longer practice law
    Reflections of an attorney/psychoanalyst or attorney/psychologist
Humor in the courts
Lawyer's jokes

    I hope you can join this important endeavor.  Wherever possible, we will
provide below or as an attached file, Clio's guidelines for authors, general
call for papers, and our list of special issues and features: We will include
the Forum's 17th year report and information on how to obtain our
publication.   It may be helpful to view our website at www.cliospsyche.com .

 Sincerely yours,

Paul H. Elovitz, PhD, professor, psychoanalyst, historian, and
psychohistorian,
Editor, "Clio's Psyche"
Tel. (201) 891-7486     E-mail <[log in to unmask]>