PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stan Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 02:30:59 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

In the forthcoming issue of our publication there is room for three short
articles related to the incredible focus on Elian Gonzales.  I would like to
invite you or a colleague to write about this for the June, 2000 issue of
"Clio's Psyche: Understanding the 'Why' of Culture, Current Events,
History, and Society."  We are looking for articles from 300 to1500 words --
including your brief biography -- which relate to the psychology of one or
more of the following issues:

 · Why this incredible focus on one little boy here at this time?  (The
public usually ignores cases like this or forgets about them very quickly)
· In what ways is Elian seen as a child savior?
· How does Elian embody survivorship?
· How does this custody fight correspond to Castro's successful custody
fight for his son?
· Psychobiographical explorations (but not assassination) of the main
individuals involved in the struggle.
· Continuing the Cold War after the collapse of European communism.
· The group psychology of unlikely allies in isolating Castro's Cuba: The
Republican right wing ...and the Miami Cubans.
· Elian and the group psychology of the communist/ or capitalist enemy.
· Analyzing the narcissism of groups.
· How and why the obsession with Elian corresponds to the focus on the O.J.
Simpson trial and the death of Princess Diana.
· Describing the real emotional needs of a six-year old and comparing those
with this situation.

We would like articles written for the educated layperson, personalized, and
without much psychoanalytic/psychological terminology or jargon.  Our
deadline is April 25th, and articles should be sent as e-mail text or as a
Microsoft Word file.

Sincerely yours,
Bob Lentz, Associate Editor, "Clio's Psyche"

For more information about "Clio's Psyche" and The Psychohistory Forum, visit
our web site at www.cliospsyche.com .

GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS --  "Clio's Psyche" of the Psychohistory Forum

The guidelines can be found on the web site.