Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:25:57 -0800
Another thing to check is if your Firefox user profile is not being
removed when you uninstall the browser. If it is corrupted, and not
being removed with the uninstall, a reinstall will result in it's again
using the corrupted profile, and exhibiting the same symptoms all over
again. I'm not sure where the user profile is kept on Windows anymore as
I use Ubuntu Linux most of the time now.

Ok, I quit being lazy, and Googled for the profile location, and it is
in one of the following places depending on your Windows version.

Windows XP / 2000     C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\
Windows 95 / 98 / ME     C:\WINDOWS\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\

[the string of x's represents a series of 8 random numbers and characters]

Since it does start normally the first time you use it on each boot, but
then refuses to come up, it must not be completely shutting down, and
the still running process will prevent it from starting again until you
kill that process. If this is actually the case, you can bring up task
manager to see if it's still running, and kill it from there.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: