Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:36:28 -0400
Hello all!

Sony Vaio laptop w/
Plenty of RAM and HD space, a DVD + - R Pioneer (DVR-K14L) player

The client played a DVD recorded in Great Britain (or maybe New Zealand)
which was home made about some sailing races down in NZ. After playing some
of the DVD, he then used Sonic's Record Now (v 7) to make copies. Being a
somewhat technologically understated individual, the first attempt at
burning did not succeed. Later he went to view the disk again, and was
unable to do so. All the DVD player programs (and autorun) considered the
disk to be a blank. It plays fine in other computers, and it seems to be
able to be copied in the Sonic program (it is a DVD -R disk, and all we had
to copy to were DVD + disks. But the program did recognize and copy
information from the original DVD). We tried three different players and all
came up with a blank disk. The Sony drive will play other DVDs, both
commercial and homemade.

I assume that some registry entry is calling that particular disk blank,
perhaps associated with the Sonic Record Now program. Another idea: could
the DVD region choice have anything to do with it? (The Sony's is Region 1
-North America- but the DVD was created elsewhere.

Thanks for your time and thought on this.

Will Stephenson
Acadia Technologies Inc.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

There are as many paths to God as there are people to walk them.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml