Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ronald Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 07:36:03 +0100
Hello Connie,

  Thanks; yes, that was a problem - I couldn't get into safe mode. But formatting and reinstallation finally was the option I chose, and am back in business again.

  Ron

cchisum <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Can you start in safe mode? If not, you will probably have to format the hd.

Connie Chisum
Technology Coordinator
Jayton-Girard ISD
700 College St.
Jayton, TX  79528
806-237-2991 EXT. 2106
806-269-3092 (mobile)

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ron Smith
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] System Crash

My desktop, four years old (Athlon AMD sempron processor 900MHz, running Win
XP on a Sapphire A3 m275 MB) has seized up to the point where booting only
gets as far as the Win XP logo, then the BSOD appears saying 'A problem has
been detected and WinXP has ben shut down to prevent damage.
Page_fault_in_nonpaged _area

Fatal error: prevents setup from continuing. Setup failed to install the
product catalogues. Setup lg files should contain more info.Log file:
C:\win\setuperr.log error code fffffc06

This situation arose when Internet Explorer failed to download AVG and then
System Restore displayed the message 'rstrui.exe corrupt file. Then WinXP
wouldn't restart and it proved impossible to reinstall or repair, finally
leading to the impasse.

How can I get out of this? Wasit caused by inadvertently deleting a file
during a disk or registry cleanup? Any help will be welcome.

messages? Visit our staff web site:
http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

messages? Visit our staff web site:
http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml