Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:43:37 -0700
Additionally, this appears that you typed in the link by hand (since you
typed http//: instead of http:// )  The reason I bring this up is that
you can write code so that the link shows as you typed it, it could, in
reality, lead you to a different site altogether.
I agree, this appears to be an attempt to plant some sort of malicious
program on your machine.  I would log directly on to SBC Yahoo's web
site and see if you can find any information in the support areas.

Tony Mayer

joseph marty wrote:

>SP2 adds some fixes to IE, and I have not heard of what you're talking about.  This sounds like some kind of phishing expedition to plant some spyware or worse on victims' computers.  Has anyone heard of this?  For now I would suggest that you skip the download.  If there were something you had to do it would be best to go to Windows update since it should be there as a critical update if it is real.
>

>>I've just received an e-mail from SBC Yahoo stating customers who are using Windows XP operating systems need to download a software update to make their browsers compatible with MS Service Pack 2.  The update extension is .exe which makes me nervous.  Could I get your comments on the security of this download?  The URL is http//:download.yahoo.com/dl/sbcy/xpsp2fix.exe.

>Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
>As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register
>
>Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
>
>New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer
>Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.
>Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp
>
>                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>